What are some ugly truths of life?
I just love this list that I lifted from Quora – written by Jasmin Mous,
- Evil exists. There are people who have chosen to destroy everything and everyone that comes into their way.
- Empathy is NOT a motto to live by. It is a skill for you and you only. If you live by being full of empathy for everyone it becomes a blind spot for people to use against you.
- If you stay too long anywhere, you usually end up wasting time without realizing. Job, relationship..
- People don’t want to hear the truth. They want to hear what sounds “good” and “reasonable”.
- Education makes a nation great. College is not overrated. When it is turned into a commodity then question the system and not the college experience.
- “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.”
- If you never go out of your comfort zones, you will stay very simple thinking you are very complex.
- Sometimes you do have to be the bigger one and no one will be there to applaud you for it.
- It takes courage not to offer confusion but solutions to this world.
- Contrary to popular belief vulnerability does not equal weakness. It equals strength.
- Manipulation is shunned yet everybody manipulates every day. Better to be aware than to ignore.
- Love does not hurt. Idealizing does.
- Nothing will get you through life like mental resilience can.
- Whether you believe in god, karma or pure consequences, this life will give you everything back you put in. Nothing more, nothing less.
- If you chase pleasure instead of pain, you will look back with regret. The easier route never leads to anything.